Anxiety in College Students
Anxiety is on the rise among college students, both in terms of the number and percent of college students with anxiety as well as the intensity of anxiety these young adults are experiencing. According to a recent New York Times article:
1) Anxiety has now surpassed depression as the most common mental health diagnosis among college students.
2) More than half of students visiting campus clinics cite anxiety as a health concern.
3) Nearly one in six college students has been diagnosed with or treated for anxiety within the last 12 months/
4) The causes range widely from mounting academic pressure at earlier ages to overprotective parents to compulsive engagement with social media.
5) Many college students don’t have the resilience of previous generations. They can’t tolerate discomfort or having to struggle. A primary symptom is worrying, and they don’t have the ability to soothe themselves.
Read the New York Times article here: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/05/27/anxious-students-strain-college-mental-health-centers/
How To Get Help for Anxiety and OCD in the Roseville/ Sacramento Valley region
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Sacramento Valley specializes in anxiety and OCD therapy and counseling with adults, children and teenagers. With our convenient location in the Roseville just minutes from I-80, we serve the Sacramento Valley and Sierra communities of Sacramento, Roseville, Rocklin, Granite Bay, Lincoln, Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Loomis, Penryn, Grass Valley, Colfax, Auburn and surrounding areas. Contact us at (916) 778-0771 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how we can help you or your family members overcome your anxiety-related issues.
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Sacramento Valley is a division of the Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center, Adult & Child Counseling, Inc. We have a successful CBT Center in the Silicon Valley/San Jose area: Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley. The CBT Center of Sacramento Valley in Roseville will be our second major office.
Sacramento Valley and Sierra Communities We Serve
Sacramento Therapy Counseling • Roseville Therapy Counseling • Rocklin Therapy Counseling • Granite Bay Therapy Counseling • Lincoln Therapy Counseling • Folsom Therapy Counseling • Citrus Heights Therapy Counseling • El Dorado Hills Therapy Counseling • Loomis Therapy Counseling • Penryn Therapy Counseling • Grass Valley Therapy Counseling • Colfax Therapy Counseling • Auburn Therapy Counseling