Does Your Child Have an Anxiety Disorder?
1) Of the 74.5 million children in the United States, an estimated 17.1 million have or have had a psychiatric disorder — more than the number of children with cancer, diabetes, and AIDS combined.
2) Half of all psychiatric illness occur before the age of 14 and 75 percent by the age of 24.
3) Anxiety disorders are the most common mental health problems. Over 40% of all children with a psychiatric disorder have an anxiety disorder.
4) Age 6 is the median age of onset of anxiety disorders.
5) Early onset of Anxiety leads to later psychiatric disorders such as Panic attacks, Depression, Separation anxiety disorder, Conduct disorder, Social phobia and Suicidality.
6) A combination of cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) and antidepressant medication (a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, or SSRI, called sertraline, or Zoloft) is the most effective acute or short-term treatment for anxiety disorders.
What does this mean for you and your child? Get help early!
How To Get Help for Your Child with an Anxiety Disorder
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Sacramento Valley specializes in anxiety and OCD therapy and counseling with children. With our convenient location in the Roseville just minutes from I-80, we serve the Sacramento Valley and Sierra communities of Sacramento, Roseville, Rocklin, Granite Bay, Lincoln, Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Loomis, Penryn, Grass Valley, Colfax, Auburn and surrounding areas. Contact us at (916) 778-0771 or email us at email@example.com for more information on how we can help your child overcome his/her anxiety-related issues.
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Sacramento Valley is a division of the Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center, Adult & Child Counseling, Inc. We have a successful CBT Center in the Silicon Valley/San Jose area: Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley. The CBT Center of Sacramento Valley in Roseville will be our second major office.
Sacramento Valley and Sierra Communities We Serve
Sacramento Therapy Counseling • Roseville Therapy Counseling • Rocklin Therapy Counseling • Granite Bay Therapy Counseling • Lincoln Therapy Counseling • Folsom Therapy Counseling • Citrus Heights Therapy Counseling • El Dorado Hills Therapy Counseling • Loomis Therapy Counseling • Penryn Therapy Counseling • Grass Valley Therapy Counseling • Colfax Therapy Counseling • Auburn Therapy Counseling