Child Anxiety/OCD Therapy and Counseling in Roseville/Sacramento Valley
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Sacramento Valley in Roseville specializes in evidence-based therapy for children experiencing anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorders and anxiety-related behavioral problems. With our convenient location in the Roseville/Rocklin area just minutes from I-80, we serve the Sacramento Valley and Sierra communities of Sacramento, Roseville, Rocklin, Granite Bay, Lincoln, Folsom, Citrus Heights, El Dorado Hills, Loomis, Penryn, Grass Valley, Colfax, Auburn and surrounding areas. We offer practical, goal-oriented therapy for children and families struggling with the following problems:
Child Anxiety Disorders in Roseville/Sacramento Valley
- Generalized Anxiety and Worry in Children
- Social Anxiety and Excessive Shyness in Children
- Selective Mutism in Children
- Separation Anxiety in Children
- School Anxiety/School Refusal in Children
- Phobias in Children
- Trauma/PTSD in Children
Child Obsessive Compulsive Disorders in Roseville/Sacramento Valley
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) in Children
- Trichotillomania/Hair Pulling in Children
- Skin Picking in Children
- Tic Disorders/Tourette Syndrome in Children
Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Children with Anxiety/OCD in Roseville/Sacramento Valley
Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) is the gold standard for the treatment of anxiety, OCD and other behavior problems in children. Cognitive Behavior Therapy, known as “CBT,” is a practical, goal-oriented form of therapy that is focused on the present and future to help you and your child solve current problems. In CBT, you and your child will learn coping skills to manage their thoughts, feelings and behaviors. The unique features of CBT include:
- Goal-Oriented: We won’t just play with your child or talk about their problems. Your therapist will help you set clear, measurable goals for your child’s therapy and help you develop action plans to reach them.
- Evidence-Based and Personalized: In hundreds of research studies, CBT has been shown to be effective for a wide variety of problems. While your therapist keeps up to date with the latest research for the problems she treats, your child’s treatment plan will be personalized to his/her unique needs.
- Practical and Concrete: Your therapist will make every effort to keep every session focused and relevant to working on the problems you want addressed in therapy.
- Active and Collaborative: In CBT, you, your child, and your therapist are partners. At the CBT Center, we include parents in the therapy sessions as appropriate so that you can become more effective at problem solving and helping your child to manage their anxiety and other problems in a productive way. You will be expected to take an active role in helping your child complete homework assignments in between sessions.
- Compassionate and Client-Oriented: While helping you and your child make positive changes in your lives, your therapist will listen, empathize and develop a safe and trusting relationship with you and your child.
How To Get Help for Your Child with Anxiety or OCD in Roseville/Sacramento Valley
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Sacramento Valley in Roseville specializes in Anxiety and OCD therapy and counseling with children. With our convenient location in the Roseville/Rocklin area just minutes from I-80, we serve the Sacramento Valley and Sierra communities of Sacramento, Roseville, Rocklin, Granite Bay, Lincoln, Folsom, Citrus Heights, El Dorado Hills, Loomis, Penryn, Grass Valley, Colfax, Auburn and surrounding areas. Contact us at (916) 778-0771 or email us at CBTSacramento@gmail.com for more information on how we can help your child overcome Anxiety and OCD.
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Sacramento Valley is a division of the Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center, Adult & Child Counseling, Inc. We have a successful CBT Center in the Silicon Valley/San Jose area: Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley. The CBT Center of Sacramento Valley & the Sierra will be our second major office.
Sacramento Valley and Sierra Communities We Serve
Sacramento Therapy Counseling • Roseville Therapy Counseling • Rocklin Therapy Counseling • Granite Bay Therapy Counseling • Lincoln Therapy Counseling • Folsom Therapy Counseling • Citrus Heights Therapy Counseling • El Dorado Hills Therapy Counseling • Loomis Therapy Counseling • Penryn Therapy Counseling • Grass Valley Therapy Counseling • Colfax Therapy Counseling • Auburn Therapy Counseling